Hi Matt,

I used Shamir's Secret Sharing to decompose a seed for a BIP32 master key, that
is I think more future relevant than a single key.
Therefore suggest to adapt the BIP for a length used there typically 16 or 32
bytes and have a magic code to indicate its use as key vs. seed.

Regards,

Tamas Blummer
http://bitsofproof.com