Two talking points for said developers yo their user re: "Why use a full node?":

1) It's more private. Bloom filters gives away quite accurate statistical
information about what coins you own to whom ever you happen to be connected
too. An attacker can easily use this to deanonymize you even if you don't reuse
addresses; Tor does not help much against this attack.

2) It's more secure. SPV means you are trusting miners to do validation for
you. With the extremely high degree of mining centralisation we currently have
it would only take one or two pools getting hacked for an attacker to be able
to get enough hashing power to easily fool your SPV wallet into accepting a
fake transaction.

As for what we can offer those developers, partial UTXO set mode would be a
great long term goal.