On github I commented on the BIP43 pull request about adding a
"purpose" of 0' which would correspond to the BIP32 recommended tree
structure for a single account wallet. (m/0'/chain) This will allow
for backwards compatibility and interoperability at least for existing
single account BIP32 implementations like my own. The only issue is
that it would involve a new BIP, and it wouldn't follow the BIP43
recommendation of using the BIP number as the "purpose number", unless
I can get BIP0.  :)

Aaron

There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole
government working for you -- Will Rodgers