Awesome! I'm assuming this is it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156769.0

It would be interesting (at least to me) to take this a step further
and offer UDP as a full TCP replacement capable of STUN-assisted NAT
traversal and possibly swarmed blockchain syncs. It would require open
TCP nodes to facilitate "connection" establishment. It is obviously a
non-trivial amount of work but would be an interesting experiment.
Maybe BitTorrent's µTP protocol could be leveraged.

--
Andy Alness
Software Engineer