On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Ivan Pustogarov <ivan.pustoga...@uni.lu> wrote:
> The attack I'm trying to address is described here:
> https://www.cryptolux.org/index.php/Bitcoin
> It was discussed here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632124.0
>
> It uses the following observation. Each NATed client connects to the Bitcoin
> network
> through 8 entry peers; he also advertises his public IP address to these
> peers which
> allows an attacker to make the mapping <8-entry-peers, client-IP-address>.

I'm afraid I'm losing you here.  The node advertises himself to
everyone he is connected to and in/or out, those nodes pass along
those advertisements.  When I receive an advertisement from a node I
do not know how far away the advertised peers is, presumably I can
accurately exclude it from being 0-hops— itself—) 1 or more should be
indistinguishable. Is there a reason that they're distinguishable that
I'm missing?

Can you explain to me how you propose to produce this mapping?