On 09/15/2014 03:08 PM, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Such guidelines are a perfect example of why PGP WoT is useless and
> stupid geek wanking.
>
> A person's behavioural signature is what is relevant.  We know how
> Satoshi coded and wrote.  It was the online Satoshi with which we
> interacted.  The online Satoshi's PGP signature would be fine...
> assuming he established a pattern of use.

I wrote up an example of how the WoT and the behavior signature might be
combined via a game:

http://bitcoinism.blogspot.ch/2013/09/building-pgp-web-of-trust-that-people.html

tl;dr: "Identity" is not a name - it's a set of shared experiences with
other people. Identity systems that want to be successful should focus
on those shared experiences rather than names.

--
Support online privacy by using email encryption whenever possible.
Learn how here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakOKJFtB-k