On 02/23/2015 04:09 PM, Jan Vornberger wrote:

> I'm still concerned that the fact, that Bluetooth is often disabled, is a
> problem for the UX. And it's not just a one-time thing as with NFC,
> which is - in my experience - also often disabled, but then people turn
> it on and leave it on.

It's the same with Bluetooth. More and more people use audio via
Bluetooth, mostly because they use a headset or stream their music to
their stereo at home.

Those that still switch off Bluetooth all the time can simply press a
button. It can't be any easier.

> Another idea could be to request the permission BLUETOOTH_ADMIN which,
> as far as I know, allows you to programmatically turn on Bluetooth
> without user interaction.

True, but those people who switch off Bluetooth will also simply not
install the app because of that permission.

If only Android had optional permissions... )-: