Hi, so just a thought as my node relays addresses etc. If I wanted to really
slow down communication over the P2P network, what's stopping me from popping
up a heap of dummy nodes that do nothing more than exchange version and relay
addresses, except I send addr messages with all 1000 addresses pointing to my
useless nodes that never send invs or respond to getdata etc so clients connect
to my dumb nodes instead of legit ones. I'm thinking that if I fill up their
address pool with enough addresses to dumb nodes and keep them really fresh
time wise, it could have a bit of an impact especially if all 8 outbound
connections are used up by my dumb nodes right?

I don't want to do this obviously, I'm just thinking about it as I'm building
my node, what is there to stop this happening?