I'm in favor of relative CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY, but I don't have a very
specific reason. I just have a vague worry that there can be "race
conditions" in which a txn with an absolute CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY goes
into the blockchain later than one of its signers expected that it
would, and therefore there is a surprisingly short delay between that
transaction going into the blockchain and becoming spendable.

This worry of mine is assuaged by using relative CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY instead.

Regards,

Zooko