There is absolutely no reason to do this.

Any reasonable micro-controller can build merkle tree roots
significantly faster than is necessary.

1 Th/s walks the nonce range once every 4.3ms.

The largest valid merkle trees are 14 nodes high.

That translates to 28 SHA256 ops per 4.3ms or 6511 SHA256 ops/second.

For reference an RPi 1 model B does 2451050 SHA256 ops/second.