Oscar, the low level classes seem to be stable. You can ck the commit dates
and error reports.

The higher level classes that provide the bitcoinJ wallets are likely to be
less stable.
The app is built for android and not for use in a web app.
The Context class uses a ThreadLocal which us a bit painful
in a web env. HSM support is incomplete.

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 5:41 PM Andreas Schildbach <andr...@schildbach.de>
wrote:

> I have a version of Bitcoin Wallet that runs on master. So far I didn't
> encounter any problems, but of course my testing is limited.
>
> Yes, if no one objects my plan is to branch as soon everything that's
> needed for receiving and sending to/from segwit native addresses is
> implemented. We should plan some time for testing/bugfixing before a
> stable release is made.
>

> On 24/12/2018 17.24, Oscar Guindzberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am helping the Bisq project with bitcoinj related stuff.
> >
> > Since the latest bitcoinj major release was 2.5 years ago, we would like
> > to evaluate using the latest master commit for production.
> >
> > I just read the discussions on this mailing list about releasing 0.15
> > and it looks like it will happen when segwit support is completed. My
> > understanding is there are people contributing segwit features they need
> > for their own projects but nobody is working on a full segwit support.
> > As a consequence, there is no 0.15 release date estimate.
> >
> > There is no specific feature Bisq needs from master. But I assume
> > every new feature, improvement and non-critical bugfix contributed in
> > the last few years went just to master.
> > I know unreleased code might have bugs.
> > We are looking for a trade-off.
> >
> > On several projects I've worked on, we forked 0.14.x bitcoinj and cherry
> > picked from master commits we considered relevant.
> >
> > So... Has anybody evaluated using bitcoinj master on their own projects
> > already? How "stable" do you think master is?
> > Is anybody using bitcoinj master in a production environment? What is
> > your experience?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > --
> > Oscar Guindzberg