I want to create a Bitcoin cash wallet app but have hard time finding the
correct library for it. Sorry to post it here but I was looking at
bitcoinj-cash and read this message:

"The bitcoinj.cash library has been retired, this repository will be put
into archive mode soon.

For the Bitcoin SV version of BitcoinJ, please see
https://github.com/bitcoinj-sv/bitcoinj-sv.";

Does anyone know why that library has been retired and what one needs to
use today in order to create a BCH wallet?

I've also found Simple Ledger Protocol which I understand can be used for
transferring tokens on the BCH Blockchain but what is not clear for me is
whether or not it can be used for BCH coins as well?