I guess I should mention that I'm a reseller...so I wont be ordering from tigerdirect or anything, it's just that I haven't used any of these low end POE switches before and I don't like trying things out on clients without at least getting a recommendation ;) The same problem exits with that netgear as with the linksys (not just the price), a 24 port switch for an office with 3 phones is overkill...I think an 8 port would give them enough room to add a few more desks. As for needing gigabit, I suppose not they do move some large files around but it's just that gigabit is very cheap in the small switches so it's 'why not'. Of course why not because they don't have POE is a good answer...but 3x55$ for the D-Link P200's and 1x79$ for a 8 port gigabit linksys switch is cheaper than these giant 24 port switches (which are just gigabit uplink...which would probably be ok to use for the server and then 100Mb to the clients).

Bleh, I guess in about a year they'll have what I want for the price I want...in the mean time I'm going to have to settle.

And

Mike Ashton wrote:
In such a small install not sure how much Gigabit your going to need, but if it is a concern take a look at the NetGear 24 port that TigerDirect has at CA$381. Is 24 10/100port, 12 w POE and 2 Gigabit coper plus 2 GBIC slots.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1697254&CatId=868

Also right now they have a special to get either a IPod Nano or a NetGear Storage Central( until Jun30 )

Chad Kempt wrote:
That looks not bad but once I get up near that price range I can get a Linksys SRW224P and propose the cost difference because of the gigabit + QOS etc etc; But I don't want to oversell. I'm still wondering if maybe the three POE injectors from D-Link + a Linksys 5 port or 8 port gigabit workgroup switch wouldn't be a more sound decision.

Thanks,
Chad

Mike Dancy wrote:
The trendnet also does the trick.
It's a bit more but a quality box.
http://www.trendnet.com/products/TPE-S88.htm
$299 CDN

and yes, I sell them.  So I may be biased.
Mike