David,

You should not need any special hardware. VoIP just runs over the same
network card as everything else.

There are performance considerations that come with VoIP, so you may have to
invest in routers and switches that can provide QoS, but this is often more
an engineering consideration than a matter of having the right hardware.

Have you done testing of your VoIP environment? If your Wan connection
cannot handle the QoS needs of VoIP, better to find that out before you yank
all your analogue circuits.

Cheers,

Jim

--