Hey Keith,

We use a Polycom IP301 and connect the speaker of the phone to the PA (Bogen PA). We also program the IP-301 phone to automatically answer any incoming calls and program asterisk to set the proper Header for auto-answer.

BUT BY OPENING THE IP-301 PHONE, YOU WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.

I also have a customer who's using the VoIP paging gateway from CyberData: http://www.cyberdata.net/products/voip/voip-pager.html

Cheers.

Stephan Monette
Unlimitel Inc.

Tel.: 613-688-6212. x221
TF  : 1-877-464-6638, x221
FAX : 613-482-1077

Keith Major | Aquarius Telecom Inc. wrote:
Hi All,

We have a prospect in a warehouse that would require paging to be done on a
PA type of system through the phone, i.e. someone answers an inbound call,
puts the person on hold, enters a feature code and says, “Keith line 1
please, Keith line 1”.  Similar to what you would find at the grocery store.

We would like to deploy an Asterisk solution for them but, this is one
requirement that is needed.

If anyone would like to share their thoughts on this it would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith Major
Business Development Manager
Aquarius Telecom Inc.

HYPERLINK "http://www.aquariustel.com/"www.aquariustel.com

416.800.0833 ext. 2005

waive any related rights and obligations.

Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it
contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.

If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or
otherwise) immediately.
Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne
renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.

Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements
qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s)
désigné(s) est interdite.

Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser
immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.

Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.6 - Release Date: 17/01/2008 12:00
AM