Frank,

I've not found any good Canadian VPS hosting solutions. Peer1 is now offering one but they're a bit pricey ( http://www.peer1.com/hosting/cloud-servers.php ).

I've been using VPSFarm ( http://www.vpsfarm.com <http://www.vpsfarm.com/> ) for the last 2 months. They're completely hands off, your on your own. But it works great, I'm not running any IP PBX yet on they're platform but have an web hosting server set up with 12 domains on it. I had my server up and running in 15 minutes using one of their stock images.

ArchLinux 2010.05 - 32bit
BlueBox 1.0 - 64bit        ( which was freePBX 3 with freeswitch )
CentOS 5.4/5.5 - 32/64bit
Debian 5.0.4 - 32/64bit
FreeBSD 8.0/8.1 - 32/64bit
OpenSolaris 2009.06 - 32bit
sipXecs 4.2.1 - 64bit
Ubuntu 10.04 - 32/64bit
Windows Server 2008 St. - 32/64bit

The only warning with VPS Farm is make sure your account does not run out of funds, or they just wipe your images. Also you need to manage your own backups. But for under US$24 month you get a great server with amazing bandwidth.

Mike