Thanks for all the replies everyone!

I'm hearing a lot of responses suggesting something running on an OpenBSD or
PfSense platform. I'm
pretty comfortable with FreeBSD, so that may work well.

I have a small inventory of Alix 2D3 single board computers that we have often
used for PfSense
installations.

I have never installed OpenBSD on a compact flash device, but I have worked on
one that was.  Is
there an embedded distribution of OpenBSD that has ALTQ and PF enabled in the
kernel?

That may end up working the best, given that I have all the parts.

- -Tim

Tim St. Pierre wrote:
> - gpg control packet
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know where I could find a simple but effective in-line bandwidth
> shaping device?
>
> I have a customer on a T1 data circuit, with a checkpoint firewall.  Their
> switch doesn't support
> rate limiting or anything like that.
>
> We normally put our own router in that has QoS, but we can't in this case.
>
> Has anyone had good or bad experience with something like a Hawking HBB1 or a
> D-Link DI-102?
>
> If so, do you know where I can get one?  I can't find them anywhere.
>
> To make matters worse, I have about a week to come up with something.
>
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> -Tim

For additional commands, e-mail: biz-h...@taug.ca

- --