Compton is just getting them from Bell - they have PRI circuits from
Bell on T1, and that is very expensive.

This is a bit of a problem across the industry - people don't seem to
understand that the numbers they see belong to a specific phone company,
and that you have to be with that phone company in order to get one of
those numbers.

Usually what we tell people to do if they HAVE to have a 905985 is to
order a line from Bell on a monthly contract, and then port it out a few
days later.  It's expensive, but it's a one time cost, and if they want
to be picky, they can pay for it.

Now that we have been here a little while, we have a small inventory
that we picked up when new customers come in with 4-5 lines in a
rollover group.  They only need their main number, so we port them all
and buy the extra numbers they don't need any more.  If someone really
wants one, we can sell them one of those for a nominal fee.

Hope that helps!

On 13-06-13 02:04 PM, Lloyd Aloysius wrote:
> Tim
>
> Thanks. Compton cable can provide the 905 numbers. But their prices is
> really expensive.
>
> Customer prefer the 905 number! That is a critical requirement.
>

> Thanks
> Lloyd
> *
> *
> *  <http://www.sunteltech.ca/blog/>*
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Tim St. Pierre
> <t...@communicatefreely.net>wrote:
>
>> Those are both Bell exchange codes, so if you want one of those DIDs,
>> your only option is to get a Bell PRI and land it somewhere in Port Perry.
>>
>> If you are just looking for portability, or new DIDs (with a different
>> exchange code), there are options.
>>
>> ISP Telecom 289 485
>> Telnet Communications 289 225
>> I think Fibernetics has an exchange here too.
>>
>> We have DIDs from both providers.  Most of our traffic goes through ISP
>> Telecom, on an extended area SIP PRI.
>>
>> -Tim
>>
>> On 13-06-13 01:31 PM, Lloyd Aloysius wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Does anyone know DID providers for Port Perry Area?
>>>
>>> Area code 905-985-XXXX or 905-982-XXXX
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Lloyd
>>> *  <http://www.sunteltech.ca/blog/>*