Helmut, here in northern CA I don't trim hooves either. Some of my sheep are now six years old. Even my donkey only gets slightly trimmed once a year. I attribute it to part of my pasture being as hard as concrete in the summer where it gets no water. Perhaps those people in soft-ground areas might consider paving part of their area for the sheep to run on!

Rick Krach Auburn, California (530) 889-1488

I know of breeders here in the area, they didn't  trim a hooves
of a BB in
six years, similar to Suffolk sheep.

It would be interesting to find breeders who have genetics with
hard and
slow growing hooves ?
regards Helmut