Hello all:

There have been lively discussions about the rams lately, and several
times I have seen folks reply about making sure you have a sheep dog or
guard dog.  Now, we have a herd of about 100 AB's and have finished
fencing the back field in and were told we needed a good guard dog.  So,
we done are research and bought a Great Perenese (sp?) that was 2.5
months old and had been with sheep.  My question is.........What do we
do with her now?  She escapes from the fence.  She kills my chickens.
She worried one of the rams (4 months old) literally to death, as in he
died!  Now, we've read the books, and know not to pet her, feed her when
you feed the sheep, etc.  She is now 6 months old and I know that she is
still a puppy and wants to play, but I'm scared to death that she'll
kill my little lambs if I put her in the back. I lnow that many of you
have experience in this field, and I value your insight.  Point me in
the right direction :)

Thanks,
Stephanie