From: Peg Haese KB9LIE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: blackbelly-blackbellysheep.info@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [blackbelly] Re: breed identification
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:57:28 -0700 (PDT)

So what is a Black Hawaiian sheep and how does it fit in to the hair
sheep family? I had assumed they were just solid black (mismarked)
blackbellies, now I wonder. And where did the name come from, creative
marketing? They don't seem to breed true, witness the Bronze Hawaiian
offspring.

Then there's Painted Desert sheep, which seem to be pinto horned hair
sheep.... I understand the rams are quite expensive.

Peg Haese in SW Wisconsin (polled sheep admirer)
PNP Katahdins