This month's newsletter from Premier contained several articles that I
think many of you would be interested. Rather than copying the articles
here, it would be better for you to view the newsletter in your own
browser. Go to
http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcb10-fe9816797461017c75-fde915737d630d7c701d7
472-ff3815757464

Stan Potrantz (Premier's owner) describes what he sees for the 2006 lamb
market and lists the factors be believes will contribute to continuing high
prices for lamb. Dan Morrical of Iowa State University wrote an interesting
article about Alternative Feeds for Sheep. One of the feeds his discusses
is dried distillers grains (DDGS). I can attest to how much the sheep like
these grains. I brew my own beer and always give the malted barley grain to
the sheep after I've boiled it into the wort. It is sweet and the sheep
regard it like candy.

Okay, I confess, the recipe for salted nut bars at the end of the
newsletter looks pretty good too. Maybe I'll bake up a batch this weekend.

Carol

Carol Elkins
Critterhaven--Registered Barbados Blackbelly Hair Sheep
(no shear, no dock, no fuss)
Pueblo, Colorado
http://www.critterhaven.biz
T-shirts, mugs, caps, and more at the