Okay I thought I would provide a link for you all to
check out-- as a friend in Ms raises goats, and a
neighbor of hers had a goat just DIE-- and this plant
was in the pasture, recently browsed. I am sending to
both the consortium and Blackbelly list because I
thought I had seen wehre a young ram that had been
available for sale died suddenly, and it hit me that
the general locale was about right.

www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/cvtsp.htm

 also:

www.lsuagcenter.com/en/crops_livestock/livestock/animal_health/horses/Horses+Poisoned+by+Showy+Crotalaria.html

if this plant is out there in your pastures, it could
explain some sudden deaths. Please, look for it. No
one wants to lose a baby  of ANY age to something that
can be eliminated from the pastures.

Terry W