-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mishael
Miller
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 2:33 AM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [blackbelly] Young Ram

Hi, Everybody,

My tiny herd is doing really well, I can't believe how they blossomed with a
little good feed and TLC.  I am wondering about my ram, I don't know his
exact age probably about 6-7 months old.  I am wondering when he will show
some interest in the ladies.  I am a goat breeder and my buck of same age is
coming into rut, do sheep mature slower than goats?  Also the breeder I
purchased from just let the young ewes run with the ram and get bred when
able.  Is this the norm?  I have seperated him from the 2 ewes, so I can
control when they are bred.  One of the ewes is a lamb from this spring, the
other is aged.  I was thinking of breeding the older ewe for April-ish lambs
and waiting to breeder the younger until she was a year old- What do you
guys do?