-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Barb
Lee
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 11:19 AM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [blackbelly] Long term antibiotics was Re: Poor Bailey

I just had a mature ram surgically castrated.  The vet said that though
it usually wasn't necessary, it wouldn't hurt for me to give him a long
acting antibiotic - LA-200 - at 5cc per hundred pounds.  One shot only.
I offer that just as an alternative to daily antibiotics.  Wish I'd had
the banamine for a few days for him, the poor bugger!

Barb (also not a veterinarian!)