From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:22 PM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [blackbelly] Ram w/ flock year round

I've seen mixed flocks with the rams/wethers present at all times. In some
cases the boys get rough with the babies, and sometimes even with the
ewes, butting them in the sides. I've always wondered about this behavior.
The lambs are not a threat, and the ewes "belong" to the boys, so why the
behavior? Is it just dominance? Should the naught boys be separated until
the lambs are safely born and old enough to run away?

Tracy