When we trim hooves we pen the rams and catch by the horns like everyone
else. Then my husband picks them up and puts them on their backs between my
legs while  I am  sitting on the ground and I cradle them between my legs
and hold on to their horns.I talk to them and rub their faces and chin while
he trims. When down we worm them orally and give shots if needed in the neck
area. I do need a fence or panel to lean agains otherwise I can't last past
7 or 8. We did 40 one afternoon back in April and now its time to start over
with them and then comes the 150 ewes.!  Nancy - Mossy Springs ranch.