Unless you remove the forage, and destroy it in another
area, the 'metals' will remain. That is how toxic areas are
phytoremediated-- plants that are known to pick up
certain/specific toxins are planted, then removed to be
destroyed elsewhere. At this stage of the game,  I would
not worry about excess copper- after 7+ years, much of it
may have leached deeper or bound up. If you have real
concerns, you can have plant samples tested to see if the
plants are picking up what you do not want your sheep to
ingest in large enough quantities to be hazardous.

 Terry W
 Frosted Acres