Here is what I remember:

Colostrum is not the same as milk.  Colostrum has antibodies which transfer
from the ewe to the lamb to basically immunize against disease and illness.
The antibodies in the ewes colostrum will quickly diminish to zero by around
24 hours after delivery.  The lamb may operate on a "different clock".  Much
is determined on "when" the lambs gut starts that clock.  The lambs "clock"
can be delayed for reasons such as if it didn't suckle (was abandoned) or
was possibly pre-mature or cold.  Keep in mind this "delay" of the lambs
colostrums clock won't be very long.  Rule of thumb is feed colostrums ASAP
and frequently to any "found" lamb due to uncertainty of how many hours old
it may be.  Colostrum is still an energy/nutrient source after 24 hours even
if the antibodies are no longer being absorbed.  Much depends on the size
and condition of the lamb.  The smaller and weaker the lamb the more likely
I would go beyond 24 hours (my suggested three days) with the colostrums.
It is an artform that requires reading the situation.  If it is a large lamb
that ate several significant colostrums meals it is going to want "real"
milk before 24 hours is up!  In summary, as soon as possible try to get
colostrums into the lamb even if it is stubborn and doesn't want to take
that bottle.  Don't give up.

I cannot reference where I learned the above information it has just been
committed to old brain cells and lots of lambs.  The link below does provide
good information.

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/PM989X12.pdf

Mark

Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] Colostrum question

Colostrum is not supposed to be any help after 24 hours.  The stomach
lining is not supposed to absorb the nutrients after 24hours..

Cecil in OKla