To: <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 2:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] lamb died right after birth

Another thing you can do is if it is too weak to drink milk on its own you should get something warm into it, either milk some colostrum from the mother and tube feed it or use one of those lamb picker-uppers like Nutridrench. You can also dry it with a hair dryer and/or put it under a heat lamp to help it get warm faster. If it was weak to start with, it is less able to deal with being cold. My sheep don't mind my helping at all, even the ones that are quite shy. Right after lambing they become very amenable and don't try to run away.

Bonnie

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wintermutes" <winterm...@earthlink.net>