Folks, please remember that when you respond to a message, especially if it is a message in the daily digest, you need to do the following:

1. Make sure that the subject line applies to your message and does NOT say "Blackbelly Digest No. X" The reason is because people search the archives, and only the subject titles are searchable. If you don't make your subject line specific to your message, then the information can't be found in a search.

2. Trim your messages so that only a line or two of the original message is copied. This keeps message length to a minimum. People on slower dial-up accounts will appreciate this.

I know how easy it is to forget to do these two things. Usually I don't intervene, but there has been a lot of "forgetting" recently so I thought a reminder would be helpful.

Carol Elkins
Listserv Owner