Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 17:20:26 -0600
From: "Nancy & Tom Richardson" <cjarr...@centurytel.net>

We have line bred for about 5 years to get the horn traits that we want. We
started with Wingnut bred him to his daughters once. Then took a son
"Junior" and bred him to those first of his dads which were basically his
sisters and then the young ones. We did this twice and then used a son of
his "Zaggy" a couple of times. We have pretty well acheived our horn look.
Every so often we get tight horns but for the most part all are open some
more than others. The widest we keep for trophy stock. Hopefully at 3  to 4
years we will be able to sell them for hunting/breeding stock. Nancy

Nancy, your Ram's interesting horn growth reminds me of Racka sheep.

http://www.sheep101.info/Images/Racka.jpg

 Do you know if you have any Racka in your sheep? (sorry if it's been
answered before)

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.