Hi Robert:
In our now vast experience with birthing ABBs, it certainly seems that one delivery spurs the others who are close into action. Within 5 days, about 15 ewes 'dropped their load'; seven lambs were born in one day.

Unfortunately, as we're also learning how to key in on a "very pregnant" ewe who's close, we did lose a couple to hypothermia during the last couple weeks. We simply arrived too late to do anything. We were able to rescue one such baby. Took it home to get dry and warm and have been bottle feeding it for about a week. The mother never did own up to having this baby, so we're the adoptive parents right now.

Since this baby was seriously weak for the first few days and is just now starting to catch up, strength-wise, we've delayed putting him back in with the flock. (He's been out for a few hours visiting, but not fulltime yet; I'd be bottle-feeding him regardless.) Still, I want to get him back with his buddies as soon as possible. Should I be trying to feed him a little grass besides the milk? Any other re-introduction tips?
Peg