At 06:48 PM 1/24/2010, I wrote:
>Giving a ewe a CD/T shot every 2nd or 3rd year, a month or two before breeding
>time would probably be perfectly adequate to confer (temporary) immunity to
>the lambs.  IMO, lambs should not receive any vaccines prior to 8 weeks, and
>12 weeks would be better.  The mother's colostrum provides immunity longer
>than that, and the young lamb's immune system is not able to make use of a
>vaccine prior to ~8 weeks anyway.  So a shot at 12 weeks, one at 15-16 weeks,
>and if they are staying a booster around 1 year old.
>
>Julian

OK, I have to modify that advice somewhat.  I came across this:

http://www.goatworld.com/articles/enterotoxemia/enterotoxemia3.shtml

>But any older animal that has not had its yearly boosters is at risk, as is a
>yearling that did not receive at
>least 2 vaccinations no earlier than 2 months of age AND a booster at 6 months
>of age, thus has NO
>antibodies left at 1 year of age!

It's a good article.  It's target toward goat owners, so it's not 100%
applicable to sheep, but worth reading.  I lost a goat yesterday to what I
believe was enterotoxemia.  I probably could have saved her if I'd had the
anti-toxin on hand, so I strongly advise everybody to buy some.  It's cheap
insurance.

Here's another good article:
http://www.jackmauldin.com/health/enterotoxaemia.htm

Julian