Welcom to the list! I would suggest getting bottle babies that are weaned . They will cost a little more but they are sure easy handlers normally. If you don't mind feeding bottles that makes them bond even better to you. The ram being bottled bothers alot of folks but I have never personally had this problem but if you get a young one that will adapt to you and if you have bottle girls will be not as flighty etc. Good luck! Nancy www.freewebs.com/mossyspringsranch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom and Krystal Beers" <twohun...@hotmail.com>
To: "Blackbelly List" <blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:59
Subject: [Blackbelly] New Here!

Hello Everyone,

I thought it high time I introduce myself! I've
been reading and learning from your posts a while now. My husband and I
live in Washington, hoping to move to our 40 acre diversified off-grid
ranch in the NE part of the state soon. We've chosen all the other
breeds we wish to raise on a grass-fed rotational system, mostly for
our own meat needs, except for the sheep. The only things we're certain
of are- we want hair sheep, we love color and horns!

We are
complete newbies to the sheep species! We have heard, and feel somewhat
concerned, about the flightiness/difficulty of handling certain hair
breeds. Although, this thread about the treats sounds promising! LOL
We're also hoping to locate foundation stock that isn't too far away,
but knowing what it's like when looking at rare and/or heritage breeds,
we are willing to go where needed. ;)

Any suggestions you have
would be most welcome! I am happy to answer questions in order to help
us determine what would be a good, sensible sheep choice.

Thank you for having me here!

Krystal Beers

WA