Thanks.  Where do you find the corm pellets?

Tom

----- Original Message ----
From: Cecil Bearden <crbear...@copper.net>
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Sent: Fri, August 13, 2010 7:17:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Blackbelly] A question about grain

My experience has been that lactating ewes do best on alfalfa hay.  For grain I
use corn pellets that are the dried leftovers from pressing out the syrup in
corn.  It is high in protein and very digestible.  For ewes with twins I give
about 4 to 6 oz a day.  This stuff is really potent, and they love it.  Grain
will tend to pack and also give you a problem with tetanus if you have not
vaccinated.  Just a small amount of any feed other than roughage to be safe.
Last thing you want is orphans.

Cecil in OKla

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Quinn" <cars1...@yahoo.com>