John, I have sheep, chickens, mini Hereford cattle, full size cattle( one that
had twins a week ago) and llamas to guard the sheep and have never realized a
financial  profit.  I rest easy knowing the quality of the food my fine
feathered, furry, hairy and woolen friends provide along with the companionship
almost never found in my fellow humans profits me more in the short term than
"profit$ " can. The long term benifits I'm counting on? better health due to
quality food, low blood pressure due to the therapeutic benefits of spending
time off the couch and in the animal's company . In short if you are looking
for profit$ animals on anything other than a very large scale may not be the
be$t choice but there's still nothing like cuddling a little Lamb, watching one
be born or having a week old calf run across the pasture to your side for
nothing more than a scratch on her head.

FWIW

Dave