Tracy,
Thanks for your good wishes!
The man who is selling me the male Anatolian said he puts a bell on his guardian dogs. That way the sheep get to know the bell and have some sense of comfort as the guardian dog moves around. Also, the owner can tell what is going on during the night by the sound of the bell. He also said he bells certain sheep with a different sounding bell so that he can tell where the sheep are moving (a different sound than the dog bell sound). Seems like a good plan and I will try it too. Maybe this would help your sheep feel more comfortable with your pyr Mary, if they had an audible way to tell where she is after dark.
Mary