It's also a potent, highly bioavailable mineral source, which
contributes to parasite resistance.  A couple years ago Barb Lee did her
own fecal tests, and did see a significant drop in parasite load after
giving DE, so while there may be no scientific studies, there are
evidence based case studies to support the idea that DE works as a wormer.

It's an established fact that it works on external parasites, such as
mites, and is very effective against bed bugs, too.

Julian