Mary:  I have ordered 50# bags of food grade DE from Shadow Ridge Donkeys
(http://www.shadowridgedonkeys.com/perma_food_grade.htm).  Did you ever
figure what happened to your lambs?

Sandy:  Used the absolute best field fence you can afford for your perimeter
and make sure it is properly installed (primarily adequate corner
post/anchoring). My preference was the Kencove SolidLock 48" (at about $1.00
per foot). Properly installed it is worth the money. I don't use any other
barbed or electrified wiring and have yet to have any problems with unwanted
quests - knock on wood. I had a huge pine tree about 40' tall fall across it
and all I had to do was to cut the tree and the fence stood back up by
itself. I expect it to outlast me. I'm already having to replace the cheaper
(Red Brand) field fence I used for one portion of internal cross-fencing -
guess what I'm replacing it with?

John Carlton
Double J Farms