We had a crazy Friday the other week - when it rains, it pours!  I
could see that Mercedes (the ewe with the prolapse) had dropped but I
was up to my eyeballs assisting my Kuvasz Keisha whelp a litter of
puppies.  I kept checking on the ewe regularly (between puppies)
throughout the day keeping my fingers crossed that she could wait for
me to help.  After an exhausting day and night I went to check on the
sheep in the wee hours of the morning - this time three evenly sized
lambs presented themselves all cleaned up and ready for the world!  In
the other pen I had another fresh lamb being cleaned.  I was totally
flabbergasted as I thought I'd have to assist with the triplet birth
but she did it all on her own.  Thank goodness there were no tangled
feet or bodies.  The other prolapsing yearling had two healthy lambs
earlier but I had to assist with that delivery.  One of those twins is
not as accepted as the other and had decided to be part of the triplet
family.  Amazingly enough that ewe was nursing four!  I penned the
families in separately to establish family units.  Now the lambs are
with their correct mothers.  The next afternoon a ewe who didn't look
very pregnant produced two tiny lambs - maybe three pounds.  There was
a weak lamb and a strong lamb.  We needed to intervene and provide
goats colostrum for the weak one.  He started to recover then the
strong lamb had a disaster and fell into a shallow dish of water and
went hypothermic!  It was a big scare but we got everyone organized
and warmed up and all are doing really well now thankfully!  So, in 48
hours we had nine puppies and six lambs born and everyone is healthy,
safe and sound :)  The puppies will be going out with sheep once their
eyes are open and they are a bit more mobile.  It is still freezing
here at night.  One more ewe to lamb...

I am thrilled with all the new life!  I hadn't planned it all
happening on the same day and night but it did and everyone is doing
well.

A very tired and happy Natasha