Bugs item #632599, was opened at 2002-11-02 07:26
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=428680&aid=632599&group_id=40696

>Category: Behaviour
Group: CVS

Initial Comment:
In the current CVS the needed conversions between UTF-8
and the locale encoding for the netwm strings are
missing. This cannot be noticed with English-only
titles, but shows up, e.g., with LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R. One
example of an application which sets _NET_WM_NAME is
Mozilla.

The needed conversions can be done using iconv();
however, there is a problem of determining the locale
encoding name. Not all systems have
nl_langinfo(CODESET), so some workaround will be
needed. The GNU gettext library has this, but it's
under LGPL - probably that's not desired in this project.

I intend to implement this (at least for systems which
have iconv() and nl_langinfo(CODESET)); the conversion
should probably go in the Netwm class, so that the
other code will not need to be changed.