Hi !
I'm running Red Hat 8 on VMWare and thanks to the absymal performance of KDE/GNOME on my system I've been playing with other wm. I'm looking at Blackbox now but I have lots of trouble with it.
I managed to config & make etc it just fine but when I try to run
'exec blackbox' my entire session crashes ie i'm back at a login screen.
If I run just 'blackbox' I get an cannot access desktop error.
Similar problem to what I had with ratpoison.

Any ideas suggestions ?
(I've been throwing lots of packages and tarballs at my system trying to get it to a useable place quickly. I'm guessing that something I did might have screwed things up. Anybody know of a good place to go to check X settings from the bottom up ? strange thing is that Gnome/KDE/TWM and FWM work just fine.)