Hello List,

* Ciprian Popovici wrote on Nov/20/2002:
> bbkeys does not handle mouse events. There are programs that do. I use
> xbut, which you must load into .xinitrc just like you do with bbkeys,
> and use ~/.xbutrc to specify which keys to bind to what mouse events
> (this includes buttons press AND pointer movement). If you use
> separate keys for xbut and bbkeys they can both do their jobs. Haven't
> tested common bindings myself, to see what happens.
>
> Oh, and xbut's home page seems to have gone down. Google's cache
> remembers a page telling about xbut 0.4.3, I have 0.4 and have only
> found 0.3 with a quick search. A longer search with several FTP search
> engines might get you a better version, or maybe someone can send it
> to you. If you want 0.4 I'll deliver.

Thanks for the hint,
i found the xbut page at http://www.sandklef.com//software/xbut/
there is a download of xbut 0.4.2 and i had to patch line 848 to make a
strcpy instead of a strcat or else it wouldn't find my $HOME
Now it's working and i have to figure out how to configure it...
I think i have a problem with timing - ctrl still counts as being pushed
down the mouseclick is emulated, so i get some context menu. Anyway, i
guess i'll just have to think of a different keybinding
(106,Shift,Button2 seems to work)

Other ideas?
Andreas

--
A.WagnerNASPOMstud.uni-frankfurt.de [replace NASPOM with the @]

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

--
My Public PGP Keys:
1024 Bit DH/DSS:

768 Bit RSA:
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1AD97BA5

some other email addresses i never look into:
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]