On Friday 29 November 2002 15:33, Tim Yohn wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I noticed that recently my menu stopped auto regenerating it's self when I
> make changes to it.

This is a problem with CVS.  Not sure what the issue is at the moment but it
has been there for a few weeks now.  Doing a "reconfigure" or "restart" will
force the re-read.

>  It seems to have started when I relocated my
> .blackboxrc to ~/.bb/.blackboxrc (Don't ask, I'm just anal about having too
> many files cluttering my home directory).

Actually, I would like to see the rc live in ~/.blackbox myself.  Perhaps this
will happen with 0.70.

> Most everything still seems to work, however as mentioned, when I edit my
> menu file (~/.bb/menu) it won't reload the menu until a restart of blackbox
> has taken place (I can live with this for now).  So the big questions is,
> is it a bug in the relocation of .blackboxrc that is causing it (I do know
> there was conversation on the list earlier about relocation causing some
> issues, however this one was not mentioned specifically from my
> recollection), or is this a new bug that has been introduced into CVS
> recently, or has this feature just been removed for the time being?  And,
> for the record, I'm using blackbox from CVS as of about two minutes ago.

This is a cvs bug and has nothing to do with your actions.

As to the issues involved with relocation many of the bbtools look for
~/.blackboxrc and have no way of knowing you moved the file.  So bbpager will
not get the current style info for instance.