I was wondering, is a way to grab a screenshot of a specific
workspace? E.g. like "import -workspace 1 -window root
/tmp/test123.png"...

Maybe, I can ask BB to paint the content of same workspace
in an image?

I thought of creating a pager which had small
thumbnail-pictures of the content of the workspaces...

This is possible but not how you are thinking.
That's why I posed the question... :o)

You can easily do:
get list of windows on workspace N
for window in list:
   get shot of window
   thumbnail shot
   display thumbnail
And when I do this, should I grab the 0.70, or would it work any way later?
(and is the stickyness working in 0.70, cause then I've got no argument for not changing...)

// Martin