right now I'm depressed/angry at linux .. and maybe somebody would be willin to cheer me up or somethig :(
I've completelly given up windows .. forcing myself to do everything in linux ... tweaking, configuring & learning .. .. but I feel like it's moving in slow motion .. I'm going insane: I'm using blackbox .. which should be a very fast wm, too .. btw .. I just rebooted to windows and there on my same old junk 550Mhz Athlon apps started instantaneously
here, in linux, there's like a 5 sec delay when I'm not even sure if say Firebird or Mozilla Mail, is starting ..
and when I try to edit with kwrite .. well. the whole screen flickers on larger document
the whole sensation is that I badly need a new computer .. but it saddned me when I rebooted windows to see my own computer run so well :p bet that's a first
I'm using XNC for file management .. and sometimes when I enter a foler it takes a couple of seconds before it shows me the new folder .. way too much
linux seems to have this liberal approach to things: it seems whenever I start an app .. it doesn't squeeze the resource to quicly start it .. but gives everybody equal .. and the new app starts in ages
So why am I writing this here? ... well. for one part because I've found great people here and I'm hoping to get encouragements not to leave linux & the such (even personally, not via the list) ... but especially because some people have said things like: I should be working in KDE, as it would have the libraries & stuff needed for KDE apps already loaded and thus my computer could perform better. Is this true? Is there a solution while still remaining in blackbox?
thanks with anticipation.