Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

in a rather evil way I'm happy windows is starting to use a lot of mem :P ... I had a lot of trouble a couple of years back when I was advertising linux to my friends .. and had to admit that it used easily 64-128Mb ... while win98 managed with 32 ...

Linux has ALWAYS used less memory per task than the Windows equivalent. The problem is the way linux tells you what it is doing. Your machine always appears to be lower in memory than it really is.

but then linux must need more apps to simply run X than windows (i'm particularly thinking of older windows, like win98 & older linuxes .. now with 2k/xp .. I assume they're in a tie)... why would it be reporing using more than what it's using?

hmmm ... know of any other X app for editing text that's fast & clean
(preferably with tabs) .. something like kwrite ... fast loading &
lightweight?

heh, I use emacs these days (-: Beast to load but I only load it once.

P.S.

that html is leaking again hombre ......

sh** ... r u serios? is it leaking now? I'm checking & double checking my options ... if it doesn't work at all I'll have to go through the whole address book & set settings individually )-: