I recently tried out the CVS version of blackbox and it seems that non-decorated windows are no longer working correctly. I have an application I have written in GTK+ which uses gtk_window_set_decorated() to turn on the window decorations. This application worked fine in Blackbox 0.65.0 but no longer works in the cvs version. I played with the source code and got it to work it seems, but I'm pretty sure that what I did isn't the correct way to fix the problem.

What I did do was take the line:
`::get_decorations(client.window_type, client.decorations, client.functions);' (about line 255)
in the BlackboxWindow::BlackboxWindow function, and moved it up above the comment:
`// get size, aspect, minimum/maximum size, ewmh and other hints set by the'

Also, after I did get it to hide the decorations successfully, I notices that there is an error when pressing ALT and using the left mouse button to move the window. It would try to move the window to some place in the -163000's or around there. Could this possible be related to my method of fixing the window decorations?

There's a few other things I've noticed, but they aren't important and are probably caused by my screwing with things, so I won't bother mentioning them here.

Other than the comments above, I think 0.70.0 is looking very nice so far :)

--
Keith Maika
http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/ - Personal Site.