Hi,

Well there has to be a visual, to be able to cominucate with blackbox.
I should have made it 1x1 pixel and placed it out of visual range.

A quick hack to always iconfy the window:

On line 288 of wminterface add:   setIconicState(bbtool->framewin, True);
So you get:

void WMInterface::NETNotifyStartup() {
  bbtool->setNETInit(); //wm_init=True;
  setIconicState(bbtool->framewin, True);